The Bulgarian Women Club in New York is a unique organization that aims to enrich Bulgarian culture in the United States through the collective perspective of women. It was established in 2011 by Boriana Pavlova and her close circle of friends. They began by celebrating their own achievements in personal and professional aspect, eventually growing to a more expansive and varied organization that now attracts many Bulgarians in the New York area. Altogether enriching their culture and heritage through various social events. By the end of the summer of 2011 the gatherings of the Bulgarian Women Club were regularly scheduled on every second Tuesday of the Month in the Bulgarian Consulate. The meetings start and end with an exchange of suggestions and ideas for the following month(s). This has led to successful concerts, theater performances, lectures and festivities. The Bulgarian Women Club promotes Peace, Appreciation, Love of art, Beauty and Respect. In our own words:
The Bulgarian Women Club is like our home, our own Universe that belongs only to us, the Bulgarian Women in New York City!
We, the women, are so creative and sensitive, we always have something to share, something to show, and thus bring beauty, passion and love to the world!
Starting September 2012 Bulgarian Women Club is expending by starting a new movement – to connect, help and work with other Women clubs and organizations. We would like to partner and support clubs involved in organizing:
- Healthy living seminar, women’s health and beauty classes, including education and research updates
- Healthy traditional food and new life styles’ nutritional diets including fairs and demonstrations
- Women in business, resources, encouragement and help
- Educational programs for women and children
- Physical and mental development seminars and series
- Motherhood as a life style and integrity
- Women and family activities
- Art, Music and Entertainment as a fusion of woman’s background, education and creativity
After the successful events of BWC in New York, Chicago and Sofia, and Bulgaria we were introduced to the activities of Women’s associations from around the world and we are inviting them to be our partners in promoting the power of women in their business, professional and personal lives.
MISS BULGARIA in USA 2014!
Rosi Deyanova (center): Winner of Miss Bulgaria in USA 2014
Neli Petkova (left): 1st Runner-Up of Miss Bulgaria in USA 2014
Viktoria Ivanova (right): 2nd Runner-Up of Miss Bulgaria in USA 2014